It occurs to me that Donald Trump has now matched William Jennings Bryan's record of losing the presidency three times. Jennings by popular vote: 1896, 1900, 1908. Trump by popular vote: Nov 8, 2016, Nov 3 2020, and by attempted coup d'etat January 6, 2021.
The difference, of course, is that Bryan—he who would not "crucify mankind on a cross of gold"—is buried among the heroes of the nation in Arlington National Cemetery, while no matter the eventual—and surely gold-plated—locus of his earthly remains, Trump will live forever in infamy.
- Historic Loser
- Should Disney Abandon Florida?
- In praise of simple design
- Vaccines and you
- On track for a million Covid-19 deaths, US response lags
- Fairly unbalanced cable network outed
- Build Back Better, because...
- Vaccination Then and Now
- Elecshun Frawd!
- Keep raising the mathematical bar
- Another Troglodyte Meme Surfaces on Facebook
- Ecclectic mix links solutions for rapid travel and Covid-19
- Bag that coal! Shovel me some clean power!
- Pence or Congress can do the right thing if either acts promptly