- it's relatively warm in the winter
- expansion of Disneyland in CA was impossible
- FL rural land was cheap in 1950s
- FL labor laws facilitate exploitation
- FL environmental laws facilitate destruction of habitat
Pretty hard to replicate those conditions. Now, if F. Castro and W. Disney had struck just the right deal...
DW earned about $17 billion in 2021. Assuming the end of Covid, 2023 might pull in $25 billion as the three-year unrequited desire of RV families is satisfied.
Cuba's GDP is about $100 billion. There's a lot of underutilized land. A $25 billion bump might be pretty attractive, especially if Disney had to build the needed infrastructure—airports, hotels, etc. On the other hand it would mean the return of evil capitalists; on the other think of the spinoffs. ¿Quien sabe?