I note the T administration has come out in favor of universal access to the Internet. Wahoo! At the same time they want to allow ISPs to ration service and decide which content providers get preferred access. Learn more by searching "Net Neutrality" in your browser.
BTW, most other industrial nations have had national universal service policies for decades. It can only be done with government support, as there are vast areas with sparse population and without the required infrastructure, in which there is no potential profit in offering the service. Both democracy and free markets depend on universal access to information and ideas.
- Abridge the Daily Coronavirus Briefing, Please!
- Etiquette for Trump Rallies and 2020 GOP Convention
- Dr. Tr*mp and the warm weather cure
- It's all Obama's Fault
- Presidential Medal of Freedom? Really?
- Lindsey Graham Deprecates Impeachment Inquiry Transcripts
- Build, don't destroy the US Postal Service
- History Museum in Johnstone Scotland on our Platform
- More Deviltry in Turkey; This Time It's Murder
- Big Energy Has another Option
- Trump now says his Florida resort won't be used for G7 in 2020
- More Illegal Foreign Emoluments for Tr*mp
- A Scotland History Connection
- Fable Dies Tragically in Spelling Accident
- Tr*mp and the Bahamas