I note the T administration has come out in favor of universal access to the Internet. Wahoo! At the same time they want to allow ISPs to ration service and decide which content providers get preferred access. Learn more by searching "Net Neutrality" in your browser.
BTW, most other industrial nations have had national universal service policies for decades. It can only be done with government support, as there are vast areas with sparse population and without the required infrastructure, in which there is no potential profit in offering the service. Both democracy and free markets depend on universal access to information and ideas.
- Is America Dead?
- Keep the candidates coming; challenge their stamina
- National Internet Access Program Needs Net Neutrality
- Fable Dies Tragically in Spelling Accident
- How long, Lord?
- Words fail...
- Trump: A reasonable request
- A wee pun is a bit o' fun
- Rural America in Crisis Due to Tr*mp Tariffs
- Toward equity, not necessarily equality
- Interior Dept. Shamed into Abandoning Fee Hike
- Net Neutrality on the Auction Block