For all my contemporaries who have forgotten, about 40 years ago the actor Steve McQueen was diagnosed with an incurable, terminal disease. He read or heard that an extract of apricot seeds called "laetrile" would help. It was not available in the US, so he went abroad, took the "medicine" and, of course, died, along with the laetrile fad.
Anecdotal tales are NOT and NEVER were medical evidence. Pres. Trump's insistence on "trying" hydroxycloroquine as a cure for what ails ya today is unscientific if not outright moronic. Quelle surprise!
Until double-blind, randomized studies (look it up!) are done, no medicine should be recommended, especially by untrained proponents. Most especially it should not be self-prescribed on the recommendation of known chalatans.
- Bag that coal! Shovel me some clean power!
- Pence or Congress can do the right thing if either acts promptly
- Covid-19: Be your own statistician
- Third Wave of Covid-19 Infections Worse than Previous Waves
- Biden Pledges to End Child Separation as First Order of Presidency
- Losers & Suckers?
- Converting to Publicly Financed Health Care Really Ain't That Hard
- Ginsburg Legacy is not for Women Only
- Don't rub your arm with alcohol any time soon
- Don't Destroy US Postal Service
- Publishing and film rights available...
- I'm from Comcast; I'm here to help
- George Floyd and White Privilege
- Volunteer Now to Test Tr*mp Hypothesis
- Mail-in Voting, Secure, Fights Fraud